Phew - long, but interesting day on #digitalMHQ project. Thanks to the steering group for lots of ideas, provocations and perspectives.
MindTech Patient and Public Involvement
Our strategic aims for involvement at MindTech are to ensure that:
1. Our approach integrates the perspectives and priorities of those with lived experience of the conditions, problems and treatments we are seeking to improve;
2. Our work results in real patient benefit.
To do this, we take a multi-level approach including:
(i) the MindTech Involvement Team: a group of experienced involvement volunteers who contribute to the work of MindTech in various ways
(ii) involvement plans for individual projects: individual volunteers with an interest in a specific project (or mental health topic) work with researchers on a dedicated project
(iii) ways to identify patient priorities for technological innovation: staff and volunteers engage with service users and members of the public to explore priorities and unmet needs
Different ways to be involved with MindTech
There are three main ways of being involved with MindTech:
- Becoming a member of the MindTech Involvement Team
- Volunteering on specific projects
- Being part of our engagement network, and being kept up to date with MindTech news and events
Feel free to get in touch, tell us what sort of interests you have, and how you might like to be involved. Either visit our Contact page, or contact Sue Brown by email or by phone: 0115 7484209.
How to get involved with MindTech
Resources for public involvement
- INVOLVE - National advisory group that supports greater public involvement in NHS, public health and social care research - http://www.invo.org.uk/
- National Institute for Healthcare Research (NIHR) - Patient & Public Awareness - http://www.nihr.ac.uk/awareness/Pages/default.aspx
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence - Get Involved - https://www.nice.org.uk/get-involved
- Patient.co.uk - Monitoring the NHS - http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/monitoring-the-nhs
- The Higher Education Academy - Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in Health and Social Care Education - http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/disciplines/hsc/PPI/Patient-and-public-involvement-PPI